We have a blood bank on our premises to serve you better.
"Being a blood donor is a selfless act, helping others, and for which no benefit or reward is expected."
Does blood have a cost?
Blood is not for sale. The payment that the patient is required to make for the receipt of a unit of blood is to reimburse the costs of the screening tests of transmissible infections (Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, HIV, Chagas, Brucella, Syphilis, etc.) and the processing costs to determine that each unit of blood is safe for transfusion.
Why is it important to donate blood?
There is no substitute for human blood and it is not possible to manufacture it artificially; the only way to obtain it is through voluntary donation.
Requeriments for blood donation
- Be in good health.
- Be between 18 and 65 years old
- Weigh more than 50 kilos
- Have blood pressure values within appropriate limits
- No fever or disease in the last 7 days
- No drugs or prescription medicines in the last 72 hrs
- No known infection of the following viruses: HBV, HCV, or HIV
- Do not have epilepsy, heart disease, cancer or sexually transmitted infection
- No body piercing or tattoo in the last 6 months
- It is advisable to rest for at least 8 hours and to fast for at least 8 hours the night before the donation